I think you realize that my son is crazy for blueberries... lol... it's true. This is the only flavor he wants to eat. Then here goes the mom to vary the muffin types (which he loves too)! So today I bring you an option of breakfast, the afternoon snack that can be frozen and it gives a super help on the day-to-day rush without leaving aside the flavor and health!
Blueberry Pancake mini muffins
Here is a suggestion of how I served the muffins: natural yogurt with homemade jelly of strawberries and sliced apples
What now? Do you want to learn how to make this delicious muffin and make that quick snack a little different and very healthy? Have a look:
1 cup wheat flour;
1/2 cup oatmeal;
1/2 tablespoon baking powder;
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar;
A bit of salt;
1 cup of milk;
1/2 tablespoon of vinegar;
1 large egg;
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (preferably homemade);
2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter melted);
Blueberries (2 to 4 each mold)
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC;
2. Mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Set aside;
3. Add the milk and vinegar, stir and let stand for about 5 minutes;
4. In the same bowl of milk and vinegar mix the egg, oil and vanilla;
5. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, if the dough is too thick add half a cup of milk;
6. Grease the molds of mini muffins with butter/oil and flour and fill them with the dough slightly more than half the mold. I did not need to grease because I use silicone mold, it's easier to unmold the muffins and wash;
7. Add the blueberries to the dough with 2 to 4 "balls" per dough and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool down a little (about 5 minutes) before unmolding, serve hot! Hummmmmmm
* Although it contains just a little bit of sugar, this recipe is recommended only for over 12 months babies because of cow milk and white flour. Unfortunately you have to put it to keep the muffins fluffy and light...