Today I came to share with you some changes that are happening in my life (my husband's life as well) and the follow recipe is a reflection of this:
Chocolate Cake to eat with no guilt!
The apparition of this cake here on the blog and in my life comes from a long situation... has life goals involved in this story... but the short version is that I never gave importance to these aesthetic things as weight, height, fat people, skinny people, tall, short... for me what really counts in this world, including myself, is what we have within us, our essence, our heart.
But happened a few things this year, specifically, that made me to look a little for myself, for my body to be exact. And my health didn't like much about what it saw. I think it's easy to see that I'm overweight, it would be naive of me to say that I never noticed. Of course I realized, I just didn't care. But now things are different... we are planning our second baby!!! Yay!!!
And can tell you, it makes all the difference! Now I need to improve, I need to be ready to receive, generate and gestate this gorgeous baby who we already love so much in our hearts. As I said, I never paid attention or "I've lost my time" with these "things of physical appearance", so of course never dieted in my life, nor I intend to start now. What I decided to do and I am following is a nutritional education to have a better life, that must be good, tasty and affordable to succeed with it for a long time.
How I am 30 kilos overweight it should have, I am in a "diet" called "ketogenic", where consumption of calories is very, very, very low in the early stages - around 800 calories per day. Remembering that I studied a lot to start this process, I talked with my GP, did tests, I went in a naturopath and soon I want to intensify the physical activities that I do (I walk something about 6 km per day Monday to Friday).
If you want to know more about the diet, I'll follow a really cool video, making it clear that not everyone can go through this process and it has to be done with monitoring, right?
I can say that this beginning although difficult, tiring ... is very effective in weight loss. It's not a "fight" against scales, but a way of using the way that the body works for be more healthier! I started this process seven days ago and with these changes 5 kg are gone. When this initial phases has passed, that loses about 80% of the weight, I'll stay on "paleo" diet.
Of course "ketogenic" and "paleo" are just names to identify the type of diet with low carbs intake, but has much more to do with nutrition than with nomenclature. Who wants to know more about it, I'll leave the Dr. Eric Westman talks more, one of the good videos that explains a lot about the subject:
And now ... to show you in this new beginning and new learning times, that it is possible to eat well without harming health ... our recipe!
Chocolate cake less than 1g of calories per serving!
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tsp. stevia powder
2 tsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. almond flour
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1. Melt the butter in a small pan or in the microwave;
2. When is completely melted, add and stir the stevia and cocoa powder until smooth and without lumps;
3. Add flours, baking powder and vanilla extract, stir well until there are no lumps;
4. Place the egg, stir well and it's ready!!!!
5. Bake in a medium-high oven temperature (200 ° C) for 15 minutes or until put on a toothpick and when get out be clean!
I used mini muffin pan + 2 silicon and yielded 14 units.
Nutritional table according to the website that published this recipe is:
That gives us less than 1g of calorie each little cake!!!
Usually when it talk about "alternative flours" it is common have doubts about texture, flavor and consistency. But in this case you can do with no fear! Look how fluffy texture was inside:
* The original recipe is from Ruled.me site specializing in keto recipes or recipes for the ketogenic diet. It is made in the microwave (I avoid using), and other ingredients that I replaced but no significant change in the composition;
* I do not put the step-by-step photos as usual because it is really very simple, just put all the ingredients together, stir and bake it. But if you want, the original recipe has very detailed photos, just click the link here and check;
* Because it is a recipe with very low calories, I do not recommend for children, only adults who actually are in weight loss and calorie reduction process.
And that is all folks!
If you liked this post I ask you to like it, comment, share on your facebook, twitter and other social media you want. This interaction, this feedback is super important to me, makes all the difference in my work and how I can get better!!!