Today I've come to share a very tasty, healthy and nutritious alternative for kids lunchbox, workers who enjoys a nice snacks option:
Blueberry Muffin !!!
This picture is an example of how I served the muffins (made mini version) with half cream cheese and Edam cheese sandwich, fruit salad of banana, apple and papaya cubes. Totally rocks !!!
So, would you like to try baking too? Grab the recipe:
*** Makes around 10 muffins standard size or 20 to 22 minimuffins
2 cups almond flour (or ground almonds)
1/2 cup tapioca flour (or not genetically modified corn starch)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar (I used brown)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 vanilla bean (or 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk (I used whole cow milk, but can be others 'milks' such as almond or oat is super yummy!)
1 cup blueberries (I used frozen, if using fresh can put 1 and 1/2 cup)
1. If you have the habit of keeping eggs and / or butter in the fridge (like me) the first step is to remove them and put in a dry and cool place a few hours before preparing these yummy sweets;
2. When starting to make the recipe, begin preheating the oven to 180 ° C, prepare the muffin cups (or mini-muffins in my case), if you're using those paper layers or need greasing ... now is the time!
3. In a bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork or whisk and see if there was any lump of flour;
4. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter (cold) and the eggs until very smooth (it takes about 5 minutes hand beating);
5. Add the vanilla bean (or extract) on this egg mixture mixing well;
6. Add the "dry" (flour) into "wet" (eggs, butter and vanilla), stir only enough to be combined, add the milk and mix until get a cream consistency;
7. Add the blueberries, make gentle and light movements to mix them to the dough, if you do it too quickly will break the fruits peel and your muffins will be purple, which is not the intention. So, go easy with in this mix!
8. With a spoon fill the muffin molds with the dough and to bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or more or less than that, it depends on your oven). When they are beautiful, golden and with a very good smell it'll be ready !!!
This is my 'mission controller' with his mouth full of blueberry muffins that he asked so much !!!
* In the original recipe, she puts some almonds slices I did not put
because I forgot it but feel free to use it or what else you want as chopped nuts, chia seeds that will give a special crunchy!
* This recipe although not contain gluten, is made with nuts base and this can be very allergenic to babies, then the recommendation is to offer from 18 months + . It was when I offered to David and was very well accepted!
And now that's it!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, give some work to find the ingredients (cause "do it" properly is super simple) but when it's done super worth it!
If you make this recipe or have some doubt, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let's talk!
Ohhh and if you liked this post please give your like, comment, subscribe my blog, share on your facebook, twitter and other social media you want. This interaction, this feedback is super important, makes all the difference in my work and how I can get better and better !!!