Home

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Tapioca Roll

Hello!

A few afternoons ago I had a will to eat a salty snack, that was fast and very light (I'm doing nutritional re-education, I've lost over 12kg, it's not a good idea to have a super fat chocolate cake just because it was a rainy afternoon and I was on a moving to eat something...).

Then I opened my cupboard and the fridge, grabbed a few things, mixed in a bowl and the result was a super lightweight roll, soft and very, very tasty!!!

My... Tapioca Roll!!! 

And the Ingredients are...
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2 tablespoons cream cheese
(Can change for cottage cheese)
4 tablespoons tapioca gum
(If you don't find this kind of gum, just hydrate tapioca flour)
1 cup of tapioca flour

That's all, folks! This was my Method:
It really didn't need a step-by-step, after all it's just mix it all the ingredients, but I like very much my job, then follows:

1. In a bowl place the eggs and mix until blended;
2. Add the chia seeds, let stand for about 5 minutes;
(So ​​the seeds will hydrate and sustain the roll)
3. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth;
(My cream cheese wasn't "that cream" then I needed a few extra minutes stirring to dissolve and incorporate well with the other ingredients. If this happens to you don't give up, keep stirring that all will be fine!)
4. Add the tapioca gum, mix, the tapioca flour and mix;
5. When everything is smooth like a pancake dough is ready to put in molds (I used mini cupcake but I believe that will worth with any mold) and bake;
6. It takes 30 minutes at 180 degrees, but my oven is very hard to maintain the temperature, so I recommend you to keep an eye out! When they are grown and golden is ready!!!
The chia seeds give texture, the tapioca flour gives this beautiful color and the cream cheese give us a taste that remind the famous brazilian cheese roll (far away, to be clear huh...) Lol

And now really that's all folks!

xoxo

If you liked this post I ask you to like it, comment, share on your facebook, twitter and other social media you want. This interaction, this feedback is super important to me, makes all the difference in my work and how I can get better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment